Just like wheat, oats have been touted for years as a wonder “health” food. Now that we know oats cross react with gluten due to processing which can still weak havoc on out gut lining, not to mention their ridiculous high carb count that brings you a nice sugar crash shortly after -they don’t seem so healthy?! Nonetheless, the smell of oatmeal cookies baking in the oven evokes something magical! Enter the No Oatmeal “Oatmeal” Cookie!
Ever crave the traditional taste of a good-old-fashioned oatmeal cookie without all the sugar (or gluten)? This recipe tastes just like eating grandma’s oatmeal cookies and goes perfect with a nice cold glass of my homemade almond milk! Try them out and tell me what you think!
The No-Oatmeal “Oatmeal” Cookie (GF)
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 11-12 minutes
5 tTBSP unsalted grass fed butter or Ghee
1 Large or 2 Small pasture-raised eggs (room temp)
1/4 cup swerve and 1/4 cup xylitol
1 tsp almond extract
4 tsp cinnamon
3/4 tsp nutmeg
1 cup almond flour
2 TBSP coconut flour
1/2 tsp sea salt
2 tsp ground flax seeds
3/4 cup unsweetened shredded coconut
( handful of raisins if desired)
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
2. Mix butter and eggs in mixer for 1 minute. Add in almond extract and mix for another minute until creamy.
3. Place spices, flours, baking soda, salt & flaxseeds in small bowl & combine.
4. Slowly add the dry ingredients to the wet and mix for another minute until combined.
5. Add coconut ( and raisin) then mix again 1 minute.
6. Using a large spoon or ice cream scoop drop balls (the size of golf balls) onto cookie sheet lined with parchment paper.
7. Gently press down on dough to flatten out a bit.
8. Bake 10-12 minutes, or until edges are lightly browned.
9. Cool on wire rack before eating.